01 November 2010

NYCC 2010 :: Artists & Art Finds

I know I'm over two weeks late, BUT so much was flying around about the Comicon aftermath that even I got overwhelmed. And rightfully so ... it was an AMAZINGLY jam packed time of yummy comic & anime goodness!

DISCLAIMER: These blog posts ONLY highlight some of our most obsessive finds :: In THREE parts (meeting artists/art finds, lots of oversized plush, & the costumes ... even I dressed up!) on this trip. The rest of the pics will be available for look-sees on our FB Fan Page as early as Wednesday when the LAST post is up. There ARE some contests sprinkled in the posts ... so read up & email answers to ipbrand@artistic-sole.com

FIRST UP! ... The one & only Camilla D'errico
I ABSOLUTELY love her art & became a huge fan over night. From the time I picked up Sky Pirates of Neo Terra I HAD to know who is responsible for these warm fuzzies of art I felt. Yup! It's her! I hope to tattoo her art (with a twist of IKB) on skin someday SOON!
I've recently been appreciating Art Nouveau & practicing it in skin, HEAVY! So I was more than ecstatic to meet & chat it up with Echo Chernik & her current model for her in progress series.
And of course I HAD to get a Deadpool cover drawn up & autographed ... Cuz Deadpool IS my superhero husband (he just never takes his mask off *le sigh*) :: guess the artist & you can get a $200 tattoo session. Email your answer to ipbrand@artistic-sole.com

No comments:

Post a Comment